no more NSF plant postdocs

mclutter at NSF.GOV mclutter at NSF.GOV
Tue Mar 22 13:24:21 EST 1994

          intention of ending it.

>          3) We would like to hear suggestions for the new program. I
>          will say that I will insist on the foreign component. We
>          expect the few people we support in the program to become
>          tomorrow's world class leaders. In today's world and
>          surely tomorrow's that means being part of the global
>          scientific community. Having even a brief experience in a
>          foreign research setting is essential.
>
>                                      Mary E. Clutter

I agree that a experience in a foreign research setting is essential.  But
is it essential that it take place during a postdoctoral fellowship? How
many of the YPI (or whatever they are now called) recipients over the past
5 years have had a foreign postdoctorate?

John C. Walker
Divison of Biological Sciences
308 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri