Ag. Biotech. Info. via Internet!

Daniel M. Cabirac cabirac at yorick.umd.edu
Thu Mar 24 22:14:45 EST 1994

    AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY INFORMATION AVAILABLE VIA INTERNET!

                **BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOETHICS**
                **CURRENT GENE MAPPING PROJECTS**
                      **PATENTING ISSUES**
                 **LEGISLATION AND REGULATION**
                     **BOVINE SOMATOTROPIN**

                      AND MANY MORE TOPICS!

The Biotechnology Information Center, an information center of the
National Agricultural Library(USDA), has developed a rich source of
current Biotechnology-related information available via Internet.

We have not only included our own (Biotechnology Information Center) files
created by searching the AGRICOLA database, but have also included files
created by the Plant Genome and Data Information Center, another
information center of the National Agricultural Library.  We already
have more than eighty files, and we plan to add many more files. We have
also created links to other Agricultural Biotechnology related Gophers.

Our files include bibliographies primarily composed of peer-reviewed
scientific journal citations, with abstracts, on subjects ranging from
bovine somatotropin to gene expression in algae and fungi.

To access these files via Gopher:

telnet inform.umd.edu
   -Educational Resources
     -Biotechnology Information Center

If you prefer FTP, follow the same path as the one listed above.

If you have only email access, talk to your Internet provider about
"FTPmail," a method of accessing these files via email.  Many of the
current books about Internet also describe FTPmail.

Please send us your questions and comments.

| Daniel Cabirac                              biotech at nalusda.gov |
| Biotechnology Information Center            voice (301)504-5947 |
| NAL/USDA                                    FAX   (301)504-7098 |
| 10301 Baltimore Blvd.                                           |
| Beltsville, MD 20705-2351                                       |