(none)

Fen-Edebiyat Fak. fen at CC.GAZI.EDU.TR
Mon Mar 28 00:18:48 EST 1994

To:      arabidopsis at net.bio.net
Subject: plant DNA

%UNIPLEX
%TO            arabidopsis at net.bio.net
%FROM          fen
%SYSTEM        gazi
%SUBJECT       plant DNA
%VERIFY        y
%REGISTERED    y
%DATE          25/03/94 13:28
%REFERENCE     71

Cc: fen

Dear Sir,
I would like to work on understanding of classification of Allium species and
subspecies.  My objective is to develop DNA restriction site analysis to be
used for several independent problems in systematic of plants.

In order to do this project, plant's DNA will be isolated and cet by a variety
of restriction endonucleases.  After gel electrophoresis, DNA fragments will be
compared and established differencies or similarity of them.
This pattern will allowed clarification of several taxonomic problems with
Allium.

I don't know enough about genomic differences between species's DNA restriction
pattern.  So , If you know about this problem or Who might know, could you
please send me some information or paper.

May I thank you in advance.
Best Regards.
Dr. Leyla ACIK
Gazi University