Expression cDNA Library

Keith R Davis krdavis at
Tue Mar 29 09:15:13 EST 1994

The ABRC DNA stock group continues to receive requests for Arabidopsis cDNA
expression libraries that can be used for complementation studies in yeast. If
anyone has such a library that they are willing to make available to the
Arabidopsis research community, please contact me so that it can be added to
our current collection. We can do any required amplification at the Center and
will do what we can to make the donation as painless as possible.

In addition, I'd like to remind you all that we are always ready to accept any
characterized clones, whether they represent specific Arabidopsis genes, or
sequences useful for genetic mapping. To donate a clone, simply send a bit of
DNA to the DNA Stock Center along with the following information form. We will
be making a big push over the next year to get as many published clones as
possible into the Center collection.

ABRC Clone Submission Form

Clone name
     Genbank No.

Gene name

Protein encoded by gene if known
     Protein database and No.

Type of clone

     cDNA genomic   other

Tissue source
     whole plant

Name of library from which clone was isolated

     ARBC # of library if available

Expression pattern of any RNA transcripts detected by cloned DNA

Host strain

Antibiotic selection

Restriction map of insert

Known polymorphisms (complete for each enzyme or combination of enzymes)
     Restriction enzymes
     races polymorphic
     size of polymorphic bands
     map position