Look for a postdoc. job in Arabidopsis research.

Kim Dalung dukim at BH.KYUNGPOOK.AC.KR
Tue May 17 11:38:34 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I am looking for a post-doctorial position in Arabidopsis research,
 especially in the area of "Male Sterility".  I am a graduate student
now at Kyungpook National University in Korea, and expect to
 receive a Ph.D. in August, 1994. The title of my thesis is
"Study on male sterile mutation induced by T-DNA insertional
 mutagenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana", and some of the results of
 the research have already been published (The Plant J.
 5:551-558, 1994).  So far I have selected six lines of male
 sterile mutant by Agrobacterium transformation in Arabidopsis
thaliana. At present, I am characterizing the co-segregation
between T-DNA and male sterile mutation.

For further research and advanced training, I would like to work
as a postdoctorial fellow or research fellow with the other
Arabidopsis group. And my wife studies also on "Arabidopsis senesence"
at molecular level. She is a graduate student at
POSTECH (Pohang Institute of Science and Technology, Korea)
and expect to receive her Ph.D. in Feburary, 1995.
We hope to work together as a postdoctorial fellow if such a position
is available.

 Curriculum Vitae
 -------------------

    Name, Family Name : Park
          Forenames   : Soon-ki
          Sex         : Male
     Date of birth    : 21/June/1962
     Place of birth   : Taegu, Korea
     Marital Status   :  Married
     Nationality      : Korean
     Present address  :  College of Agiculture,
                         Kyungpook National University
                         Taegu 702-701,  Korea

Education
-------------
 1991-1994                   Department of Agronomy,
                             Kyungpook National University, Korea.
                             Ph. D. expected, August 1994 in
                             Plant Breeding and Molecular
                             Biology for a thesis entitled
                             "Study on male sterile mutations induced by
                              T-DNA insertional mutagenesis in Arabidopsis
                              thaliana".

1989 - 1990                   Department of Life Science,
                              POSTECH, Pohang, Korea.
                              Research Fellow
                              Major:
                              Transformation and Molecular Biology of
                              Arabidopsis.

1985 - 1988                   Department of  Agronomy,
                              Kyungpook National University, Korea.
                              M.S. in Plant Breeding entitled
                             " Investigation of several factors  affecting
                               electrofusion of Brassica napus and Brassica
                               campestris".

1981 - 1984                   Department of Agronomy,
                              Kyungpook National University, Korea.
                              B.S. in Plant Breeding.