bluescript summary

Neil Butt N.J.Butt at sussex.ac.uk
Fri May 20 05:15:53 EST 1994

elow is a summary of most the bluescript replies I received. It appears
 am not the only person to have encountered this  The most common reply
seemed to be contaminated probes, however the probes we use have always
been from PCR, so vector contamination is unlikely. We also know the
probe hybridises very strongly on Arabidopsis southern blots, and even
in situs to observe mRNA expression on plant sections.

I am going to try purify the lambda phage and excise the inserts from
that followed by southerns to confirm by blotting we might also get some
comparable restriction data). If this pocedure is successful I will
notify the network.
ope this is some help to all the others out there who share this
problem.

Neil Butt