Bluescript

Alison Smith (Plant Sci) as25 at molecular-studies.biology.cambridge.ac.uk
Wed May 18 06:39:37 EST 1994

Dear Neil
We had a similar problem:  all our positives after we
did three rounds of screening and then excised the Bluescript from
the lambda vector either had no insert at all or the probe
hybridised specifically to the vector. I have no idea why, but
when we purified lambda DNA directly, and then cut out the insert,
our probe hybridised to it and it turned out to be correct.
So my suggestion in the first instance would be for you to take
your positive plaques and isolate lambda DNA, rather than do the
excision

Good luck!
Alison Smith
Dept of Plant Sciences