GUS+KAN

Kathy Wilhelm wilhelmk at studentw.msu.edu
Fri May 20 20:09:00 EST 1994

In Article <2rioaa$o2s at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> "reuveni at pw.usda.gov (Moshe Reuveni)" says:
> Hello Netters,
> Does anyone know (or have) a plasmid that contains both GUS and KANr inside
> the T-DNA borders so it can be used to transforme plants and test for GUS
> activity.
The pBI vectors out of Jefferson's lab (Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 5(4):
  387-405, 1987) have both Kan and GUS within T-DNA
 borders.  pBI 101.1, 101.2 and 101.3, respectively, have a promoterless GUS
 on a polylinker in three diffferent reading frames, if you want to make a
 promoter construct.  If you just want to see GUS expression, I think pBI 121
has GUS already on a CaMV 35S promoter.  We have these vectors, but I'm not
 sure we can give them out.  You're probably better off just going through
Jefferson anyway.  Happy cloning!
                        Kathy _|_