Promoters

Rachel Holmes-Davis rholmes at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon May 23 13:17:57 EST 1994

Dear Netters:

I am searching for a relatively weak promoter, for Arabidopsis, that is
expressed, preferentially, in all cell types -- including epidermal
cells.  The 35S promoter is too strong, the ocs promoter is not expressed
in the epidermal cells (at least in tobacco), and for other reasons I do
not want to use the mas promoter.  Have any studies been done on cell
specific expression of the nos promoter?  Are there any other promoters
that fit my needs?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Rachel Holmes-Davis
(Comai Lab)