FREE PUBLICATIONS AND NEWSLETTERS IN AG*BIOTECH!

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Tue May 24 16:24:38 EST 1994

Dear BioNet Folks:

Here I provide a list of newsletters/journals that are free
and most of them provide useful information related to plant biotech,
biotech eduation, conferences, people.  At the end, I provide information
on how you can get more of these.

"Biotech Notes"
Published by USDA Office of Ag Biotechnology,
Room 1001, RPE, 14th and Independence Ave, S. W.
Washington, D. C. 20250-2200
Ph 703-235-4419
Internet: masner at csrs.esusda.gov

PROBE (Plant Genome Research Program"
Plant Genome Data and Infor Center
USDA-NAL, 10301 Baltimore Blvd.
Beltsville, MD 20705-2351
Ph: 301-504-6875; Fax: 301-504-7098

"Human Genome News"
Betty K. Mansfield
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
PO Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6050
(also ask for their very informative and extremely well prepared publication called
and well prepared publication called
"Primer on Molecular Genetics"

"Wisconsisn BioIssues"
UW Biotechnology Center
1710 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
Ph 608-262-6748
Internet: kmintyr at macc.wisc.edu

Caroline Genes
Ph: Pamela Gaster, 919/541-9366

Genome: Newsletter for Educators
Ph: Paula Gregory, 301-496-3978

BioLink (activities realted to plant Biotech in LDCs)
ABSP Project
Bruce Bedford
Michigan State University
412 Plant and Soil Science Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1325

Cassava Biotech Network News
Ann Marie Thro
CIAT, AA6713, Cali
Colombia, South America
Ph: 57-23-647243; FAx: 57-23-67050
Internet: A.Thro at cgnet.com

"Rice Biotechnology Quarterly"
John E. Dille
Winthrop-Biology
Rock Hill, SC 29733
Ph: 803-323-2111

"Biotechnology and Development Monitor"
University of Amsterdam
Dept of Intl Relations and Public Intl Law
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 237
1012 DL Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Ph : 31-20-525 2177 Fax: 31-20-525 2086

"China-E. C. Biotechnology Center Newsletter"
Mr. Vassills Bontosoglou
DG XII-B4
Rue de la Loi, 200
B-1049 Brussels
Belgium
Ph 32-2-295 9410 Fax: 32-2-296-3308

"Tropical AgBiotech Monitor"

Tropical AgBiotech Monitor'
newsletter from Biotech-
Africa Consultancy
Dr. John Afele, 240 College Avenue West
Guelph,
Ontario Canada N1G 1S7

"Newsletter of the Center for Biotechnology Policy and Ethics"
329 Dulie Bell Building
Texas A & M University
College Station, TX 77843-4355

(I know I receive BioEthics newsletter from Iowa State Univ,
but cannot locate an issue now to post it! but perhaps you can get it
from the following address)

"Plant Biotechnology"
Office of Biotechnology
1210 Molecular Biology Building
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011
Ph: 515-294-9818 Fax: 515-294-4629

Where can you get additional information on more free newsletters,
journals on biotech ($$ types), videos, gophers etc?

Write to Zinnen at macc.wisc.edu (Phone Tom Zinnen 608-265-2420)
and ask for "Biotechnology Education Resource Guide"
This has a list of lot of books, trade journals, computer networks
source of biotech related videos etc.  An excellent one-stop sourdce
of info on biotech.

Still Need More infor on biotech resources?

Biotech Information Center at USDA has developed a big database
accessbile through Internet including bibliographies of journal
papers with abstracts and list of journals and newsletters etc.

To access these files via. Gopher:
telnet inform.um.edu
	-Educational Resources
	-Biotechnology Information Center
You can also use FTP along the same metho.

For info on this call Daniel Cabirac
Ph 301 -504-5947 Fax: 301-504-7098
Internet: Biotech at nalusda.gov

Please let me know of other newsletters that I may
have missed, I will update this list periodically.

C. S. PRAKASH				PHONE (205) 727 8023
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE			FAX   (205) 727 8067
TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY			PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU