modified LUC reading frame?

weisshaar at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.d400.de weisshaar at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.d400.de
Mon May 30 10:59:24 EST 1994

Dear Netters,
some time ago we decided to use luciferase as a reportergene in plants,
mainly in transient assays. It works nice, sensitive and with a quick
assay. Unfortunately, there are some trouble-causing restriction sites
within the LUC open reading frame (from Photinus pyralis, de Wet et al.,
MCB 7: 725-737,(1987)).
Now, here is the question:
Has anyone a modified LUC open reading frame available which has the
EcoRI, ClaI, and XbaI restriction sites removed by silent point
mutations? Or by any other way which does not interfere with activity?
Constructs were one of the mentioned sites has already been removed
would also be useful.

Thanks for reply in advance! If there are useful informations I will
post a summary to the net. Bernd

Bernd Weisshaar
MPI fuer Zuechtungsforschung
Abteilung Biochemie