endoreduplication

Neil Butt N.J.Butt at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 12:51:37 EST 1994

Dear netters

I was wondering if anyone has investigated endoreduplication in
Arabidopsis or tobacco. We have some data which may show this in tobacco
roots if our interpretation of results is correct. In terms of the cell
cycle the plant replicates its DNA without the cells dividing at
mitosis. I was wondering if anyone has information on which genes are
not activated at this stage, so we can use them as controls. The
literature is very sparse on the molecular aspect of this process
hence the request.

Thanks for any replies

Neil Butt
Dept Biochemistry