mini-prep for binary vectors

XuHu xuhu at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Wed Nov 9 13:32:42 EST 1994

Dear network readers:
   I have some difficulties in isolating plasmid DNA from binary vectors,
such as pBI121 or pGA748 grown in MC1000.  The amount of DNA I could get
(Wizard miniprep. or Alkali lysis) is so low that I can not determine the
presence of my insert (800bp) or its orientation.  Sometimes, after
restriction digestion the plasmid DNA was completely degraded!  I would
like to know current protocals for mini- or large prep. of these vectors.
Thanks in advance.
                                                     Xu Hu
*   E-mail: xuhu at lamar.colostate.edu      *
*      Tel: (303) 491 2189 (Lab)          *
*     Mail:                               *
*           Dept. of Biology              *
*           Colorado State University     *
*           E106 Anat/Zoo Bldg            *
*           Fort Collins, CO 80523        *
*    Dept Fax: 303 491 0649               *