Killing off Agrobacterium

ANDY PHILLIPS andy.phillips at afrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 05:53:27 EST 1994

We're using a strain of Agrobacterium that is resistant to rifampicin,
gentamycin and carbenicillin, and carries a binary vector with kanamycin
resistance. We're using this for in planta transformation of Arabidopsis via
vacuum infiltration. However, when we select the seeds on Kan, we get growth of
Agrobacterium, despite surface sterilization. Can anyone suggest a fifth
antibiotic which will kill of the Agro while allowing the seedlings to survive?

Andy

 RFC-822 : ANDY.PHILLIPS at BBSRC.AC.UK            : University of Bristol
 X400    : G=ANDY;S=PHILLIPS;O=BBSRC;P=UK;C=GB  : Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone   : +44-275-392181 ext:257               : Long Ashton
 Fax     : +44-275-394281                       : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK