Killing off Agrobacterium

ANDY PHILLIPS andy.phillips at afrc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 04:11:57 EST 1994

Many thanks to all those who responded with suggestion for Agrobacterium
selection. Most suggested cefotaxime, vancomycin or timentin. We've already
tried vancomycin but its (a) too expensive and (b) killing the Arabidopsis
seedlings as well. I think we'll move on to cefotaxime.

Actually, the simplest suggestion was to leave the sucrose out of the plates!
Wec have two alternate recipes for the selection agar, one with sucrose and one
without. We'll probably try this first.

Cheers

Andy

 RFC-822 : ANDY.PHILLIPS at BBSRC.AC.UK            : University of Bristol
 X400    : G=ANDY;S=PHILLIPS;O=BBSRC;P=UK;C=GB  : Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone   : +44-275-392181 ext:257               : Long Ashton
 Fax     : +44-275-394281                       : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK