seed dormany

Wed Nov 16 17:57:56 EST 1994

          I would suggest a short period of vernalization and/or a
          "dash" of a little gibberellic acid.  What we have done in
          the past is to harvest seeds from the plants of interest and
          allow for the seeds to dry completely (approximately 1-2
          weeks at room temperature) and then store the seeds at 4
          degrees C.

          The seeds are taken from the cold and placed on the top of
          throughly moistened soil, covered with a layer of plastic
          wrap (saran wrap) and allowed to germinate at 22-25 degrees.
          The "dash" of GA helps with seeds which require a
          "jump-start" and seems to help with the most stubborn lines.

          Hope this info will be of use to you.

          Good luck!

          Nate Chu
          Chu at