PDF/Research assistant position wanted

GUT at QUCDN.QueensU.CA GUT at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Tue Oct 4 08:26:16 EST 1994

With the expectation to wrap up my Ph.D. program by early 1995, I am posting th
is message to explore a research position either as a PDF fellow or research as
sitant.

The subject of my project is the isolation and molecular characterization of Ar
abidopsis mutants. In the characterization of the mutants, I have applied a
number of molecular techniques including genomic Southern, Northern, i-PCR, T'v
ector construction and PCR product cloning and, DNA sequencing. Upon the comple
tion of the degree, I would like to work on a project investigating signal tran
sduction in either higher plants or other organisms. My personal preference is
Arabidopsis, C. elegans, and yeast. I would also be very interested in gaining
some experience in the application of patch-clamping technology in signal trans
duction and ion transport.

If my research experience and interests suit your needs, please feel free to co
ntact me for a detailed description of my training, experience and skills (BTW,
my citizenship is Canadian). Thank you for your attention.

T. Andrew Gu
Department of Biology
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
internet address: gut at biology.queensu.ca (Before October 31, 1994)
Mailing address: 1625 Bloor St.E. Apt 422, Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA L4X 1S3
Tel: (905)602-9346 (Toronto residence)
Tel: (613)545-6000 ext.4344 (Kingston Laboratory)