half life of GUS, luciferase and other reporters?

hraaxl at marc.cri.nz hraaxl at marc.cri.nz
Fri Oct 7 09:07:21 EST 1994

Dear everyone

Heres the problem. I want to set up an assay system. The system has to have a
flourescent product or produce light (eg like GUS or luciferase) and most
importantly have a short as possible half life in the cell. So, GUS I believe
might not be ideal because its supposed to have a long half life. Perhaps
luciferase would be better?

So one question is, what is the half life of GUS and luciferase in the
cell?

And secondly (and more importantly) if anyone knows of another enzyme (I have
to be to get the clone as well) I could use to do the equivalent job I'd be
very grateful.

Thanks

Tony Lough
HortResearch