Real Job

John Browse BROWSE at WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU
Thu Oct 20 09:17:08 EST 1994

Dear Netters
           The advertisment below describes a 12-month tenure-track
position at the Institute of Biological Chemistry.  Don't be put off
by "biochemist", we interpret the term liberally and would love to
consider Arabidopsis people who work in any area related to the
general problem of how the plant cell works.  Take it from me
(would I lie to you?) the IBC is a great place to work and we can
promise you an exciting time.
                      Cheers,
                                  JB

PLANT BIOCHEMIST

The Institute of Biological Chemistry at Washington State
University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the
Assistant Professor level.  The position is 100% research with
a 12-month appointment beginning September 1, 1995.  Teaching
at the graduate level is encouraged.  Applicants must have a Ph.D.
or equivalent, postdoctoral experience, and an established record
of research using biochemical and molecular approaches relevant
to basic plant biology and agriculture.  The ability and
commitment to build a strong, well-funded program of
international stature is essential.  The Institute provides an
excellent research environment with more than 100 scientists,
expansive growth facilities, modern equipment, and ready access
to specialized methods and analytical services.

Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, statement of
research interests, and description of future plans.  In addition,
applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be sent
to:
Dr. John Browse, Search Committee Chair, Institute of
Biological Chemistry, 467 Clark Hall, Washington State
University, Pullman, WA  99164-6340, phone 509-335-
2293, fax 509-335-7643, E-Mail browse at WSUVM1.

Deadline:  12/12/94 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
EOE/AA/ADA. (This means that WSU is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer).