Restriction mapping

Nancy Terryn nater at gargamel.rug.ac.be
Tue Oct 25 11:20:19 EST 1994

Nancy Terryn (nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be) wrote:

: Does anybody know of the existence of a computer program that allows you
: to introduce sizes of bands obtained in different restriction fragments
: and that will draw you a putative map of the piece of DNA analysed.

: Thanks a lot for all information!

 I am answering my own mail with some of the answers i got personally
since some people asked for this.

There is a remote database at Cambridge that has this kind of programs.
There is a program on Mac called Map that does what I asked
A nice one is COMAP for PC compatibles(public domain program)
try FTP.bio.indiana.edu
Try use clone manager from IBM Wisconsin
Hitachi sells a program called DNAsis

I hope some of you can use this info..I didn't have time to try them all yet.
Thanks to everyone for the answers.

--
Nancy Terryn
Lab of Genetics