Chromosome Two Polymorphisms

Martha K Jensen mkjensen at
Thu Oct 27 10:52:07 EST 1994

Hello!  I've been working on the stretch of Chromosome 2
between erecta and asymmetric, and have run into some problems.
We crossed our gene (in a Columbia background) into the Wageningen
tester line cp2, as, cer8 (putative Landsberg background), and
we're finding that all of the RFLP and CAPS markers in the area
show that the tester line is all Columbia DNA in that region (from
as to near er)

Is anyone else working in that region?  Is the length of that stretch of
Columbia DNA in the Landsberg known?  Do you have any other marker
lines in that area that show Landsberg polymorphisms?

Thanks in advance!

mkjensen at
Department of Botany,
Iowa State University