can I root regenerates in soil?

Kathy Wilhelm wilhelmk at studentw.msu.edu
Wed Sep 14 11:08:00 EST 1994

Hi all,
I've wound up having to transfer regenerated Arabidopsis shoots to soil from
Magenta boxes before they rooted in order to avoid fungal takeover.  They
seem to be doing OK so far & I'm beginning to wonder if the Magenta box step
is really necessary.  Has anyone tried dipping the ends of the shoots in a
rooting solution & going directly into soil?  If I get any useful responses,
I'll post a summary to the net.  Thanks!
                                        Your fellow servant,
                                          Kathy_|_

wilhelmk at studentw.msu.edu