Long Arabidopsis PCR

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D. barnes at BIODEC.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Sep 20 16:42:20 EST 1994

Dear Cathy and Kim,

     We are also trying long PCR on Arabidopsis DNA.  So far, we can get
the LEAFY sequence from genbank to amplify very well, using primers that
are 33 nt from each end of its 7 kb.

     It's best to have some anti-Taq antibodies in there, using KlentaqLA
as the enzyme.  Our template DNA was from axenic green plant protoplasts.
We are evaluating how best to prepare the template DNA.  Other than that,
we have not much advice to give, yet.  If you like, we can be in touch when
we get more impressive targets to work.

Barnes at biodec.wustl.edu    -------------------------
Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.             fax: 314/362-7183
Dept. Biochemistry 8231, Washington Univ. Med.School
St. Louis, Missouri 63110 USA       ph: 314/362-3351