Hate/Bias Crime

senaka suriya ssuriya at superior.carleton.ca
Sun Sep 25 00:32:25 EST 1994

Re: Hate/Bias Crime
===================

Currently I am researching hate/bias.  ...  Many confine hate/bias to
hate/bias propaganda and speech.  However, hate/bias can be defined as an
act committed against a person or property due to their race, religion,
ethnicity, gender, disability or sexual orientation.  This nature of a
broad definition provides the flexibility required to examine hate/bias
not only from a legal perspective, but also from a social science
perspective.

You may aware of law (reported and unreported court cases included),
policy or practices pertaining to hate/bias control or academic
articles/reports on hate/bias activities.  If you could assist me in my
research with any information you may have, I would greatly appreciate it.

Senaka K. Suriya
P.O. Box 505, Station "A"
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9H1
CANADA                              ssuriya at ccs.carleton.ca