Arabidopsis ecotype RLD

Barbara Kunkel kunkel at BIODEC.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Apr 18 16:07:29 EST 1995

 I am forwarding the following message from Gusui Wu.  Please send your
helpful comments directly to his e-mail address.  Thanks.

I have some questions about the ecotype RLD of Arabidopsis. I would like to

1. How different is RLD genetically from Columbia?
2. Is it a problem crossing between the two ecotypes?
3. Are they equaly easy to transform?
4. What are the differences between the two in terms of disease

Anyone who knows answers to these questions (or some of them) please email to:
ggwu at

Thanks for your help.    Gusui Wu
Barbara Kunkel
Department of Biology