Sterilizing Arabidopsis seeds & plating on kanamycin

Mike Mike.Truman at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 10:10:31 EST 1995

I have seeds from hundreds of Arabidopsis plants, each plants seeds have to be sterilized and plated seperatly onto kanamycin.
Is there anyone who could help me with a quick and easy method to sterilize these seeds, also does anyone know how long it would
take fungus to over run the plates if the seeds were not sterilized, the other option is if someone knows of a fungicide i could
put into the medium and at what concentration, the last point is would microwave sterilization be of any use to me.

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy Coles (IACR-LARS)