Open Genetics Position

David Galbraith dgalbrai at AG.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Aug 31 14:54:32 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues:

The following is an announcement of a position that is open in our
Department.  We would be most grateful if you would bring it to the
attention of any suitable candidates.  If you require any further
information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

David Galbraith

=============

>Associate/Full Professor
>PLANT MOLECULAR GENETICS
>
>This tenure-track position ( 80% research and 20% teaching)  is available
>at either the Associate or Full  Professor level on July 1, 1996.  The
>successful candidate is expected to develop an independent research program
>on the structure, organization and regulation of genes in plants.  The
>research approach should integrate the application of molecular and
>biochemical genetics  to isolate,  study and manipulate plant genes of
>importance to agriculture.  Opportunities exist for research collaborations
>with faculty in the department and in related departments through
>involvement in an interdepartmental graduate program in genetics. The
>successful candidate will be expected to participate in undergraduate and
>graduate teaching, including development of a core graduate course in plant
>genetics.  The position requires a Ph.D. degree in plant genetics or a
>closely related field with an emphasis in molecular genetics.  Candidates
>must demonstrate excellence in research and the communication skills
>necessary to be an effective teacher.  In addition, the individual must
>have a demonstrated ability to attract extramural funding.  Send letter of
>application including statement on research and teaching, resume, and the
>names of three references to Robert T. Leonard, Professor and Head,
>Department of Plant Sciences, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721.
>Application Deadline:  Review of applications begins November 1, 1995 and
>continues until the position is filled.  THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA IS AN
>EEO/AA/ADA  EMPLOYER.  WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.

David Galbraith
Professor of Plant Sciences
University of Arizona
303 Forbes Building