Agrobacterium strains & reporter genes

Peter peter at carrot.mcb.uconn.edu
Sat Dec 2 16:01:25 EST 1995

I am trying to establish and optimize conditions for Agrobacterium
mediated transformation of suspension cultured cells from Chenopodium.
It would help me very much if you could help me to find answers to
the following questions:

1) HOW CAN I OBTAIN DIFFERENT AGROBACTERIUM STRAINS THAT WOULD BE
   PROMISSING TO TRY?

2) WHICH REPORTER GENE CONSTRUCTs are best to measure successful
   transformation, AND WHERE could I get binary plasmids containing
   these constructs?

Please, if you could help, e-mail your suggestions to me at
Gogarten at uconnvm.uconn.edu .  I will post a summary of responses
(if you don’t want your response posted, let me know).

	Peter Gogarten

  J. Peter Gogarten
  University of Connecticut
  Dept. Molecular and Cell Biology