Arabidopsis mutants

Roger Granet rag55 at cas.org
Thu Dec 7 08:57:44 EST 1995

In article <660426110wnr at beccas.demon.co.uk>, REBECCA MILLS <REBECCA at beccas.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Hello,
> I am looking for a (recent) list of known Arabidopsis mutants;
> does anyone know if one exists? I am particularly interested
> in strains with altered gravitropic responses.
> Thanks in advance!
> --
> REBECCA MILLS

Rebecca,

    Hi.  From a quick search of the CAplus file produced by the database I
work at, Chemical Abstracts Service, I found 14 abstracts with the search
terms gravitropism, Arabidopsis, and mutant.  A couple of interesting looking
ones were:

TI   A novel root gravitropism mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana
     exhibiting altered auxin physiology
AU   Simmons, Carl; Migliaccio, Fernando; Masson, Patrick; Caspar,
     Timothy; Soll, Dieter
SO   Physiol. Plant. (1995), 93(4), 790-8

     Dealt with mutant rgrl.

TI   The axr4 auxin-resistant mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana define a
     gene important for root gravitropism and lateral root initiation
AU   Hobbie, Lawrence; Estelle, Mark
SO   Plant J. (1995), 7(2), 211-20

     Dealt with mutants of axr4 gene

    I know this isn't a complete list, but I hope it will be a helpful start.

    A lot of people think that Chemical Abstracts has only chemical infor-
mation, but, a third of the 600,000 or so abstracts (journals, patents,
conference proceedings, etc.) we put out every year come from our bio-related
areas and include abstracts like the above ones.  It's real easy to look up
abstracts dealing with mutants, as shown above.  To search on some of the
other papers in this area, check with your science or main librarian to find
out if your organization already has an account with us or call our customer
service desk.

    Well, I hope this helps!  Good luck!

							       Roger

Roger Granet                                 Phone: (614) 447-3600, ext. 2346
Associate Scientific Information Analyst     Internet: rgranet at cas.org
Biochemistry Department
Chemical Abstracts Service
P.O. box 3012
Columbus, OH 43210

CAS Customer Service: 1-800-753-4227 or by email to: help at cas.org
STN Help Desk: 1-800-848-6533 (in North America) or (+49)7247/808-555 (in
	       Europe) or (+81)3-5214-8413 (in Asia)
Web site at: http://info.cas.org/welcome.html

The views given here are mine only and do not necessarily represent those of
anyone else, Chemical Abstracts Service, or the American Chemical Society.