Gravitropic Mutants

Hidehiro Fukaki fukaki at FUJI.BOT.KYOTO-U.AC.JP
Sun Dec 10 20:11:56 EST 1995

Dear Netters

        We have been studying gravitropic responses in Arabidopsis
thaliana, especially shoot gravitropic response. Here, I list up the
altered gravitropic mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana that have already been
published or have not published yet.

Mutants with no or reduced gravitropic response in  inflorescence stems and
hypocotyls
        sgr1, sgr2 (Fukaki et al. Plant Physiol. in press), sgr4 (Yamauchi
et al.           unpublished)

Mutants with reduced gravitropic response only in inflorescence stems
        sgr3 (Fukaki et al. Plant Physiol. in press), sgr5, sgr6 (Yamauchi
et al. unpublished)

Mutants with no or reduced gravitropic response in  inflorescence stems and
hypocotyls and roots
        pgm (Caspar and Pickard 1989 Planta, Kiss et al. 1989 Planta), axr2
(Wilson et al 1990 Planta)

Mutants with no or gravitropic response in hypocotyls and roots
        dwf (Mirza et al. 1984 Physiol. Plant), phyB-1 (Liscum and
Hangarter 1993 Plant Physiol., Fukaki et al. unpublished), cop4 (Hou et al.
1993 Plant Cell)

Mutants with no or gravitropic response in roots
        aux1 (Mirza et al. 1984 Physiol. Plant), axr1 (Lincoln et al. 1990
Plant Cell), agr (Bell and Maher 1990 MGG), axr4 (Hobbie and Estelle 1995
Plant J.), rgr1 (Simmons et al. 1995 Physiol. Plant), eir1 (Roman et al.
1995 Genetics)

Does anyone know more gravitropic mutants in Arabidopsis?

Sincerely,

Hidehiro Fukaki
Department of Botany,
Faculty of Science,