Arabidopsis Pests

Aaron Rashotte arashott at AG.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Dec 12 15:35:52 EST 1995

Dear Group,
	Maybe some of you can help answer a question that I have been
wondering about for a while.  I am interested in what sort of insects
attack or have interactions with Arabidopsis in the wild.  I know that
most of us think of Arabidopsis as a Lab dwelling plant, but I know that
there are hundreds of different ecotypes from all over the world, which
someone must have identified from the field at one time.
			Can anyone help?
	I would also be interested in hearing about insect interactions in the
lab. I have personally seen Arabidopsis attacked by more than one
species of aphid, thrips, diamondback moth, and have heard horror stories
reguarding spider mites.  Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
	Aaron Rashotte

"Just a graduate student looking for the whole ball of WAX"
Aaron Rashotte
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721  Ph# (520) 621-9701