Transformation of Landsberg by vacuum infiltration

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 04:42:47 EST 1995

We've been using vacuum infiltration to transform Arabidopsis Columbia for some time
now. We'd now like to put some reporter constructs into the Landsberg background so
that we can look at the effect of mutants in the GA biosynthetic pathway on the
expression of our GA-responsive genes.

I had heard that Landsberg was difficult, if not impossible, to transform by this
method, but this was some time ago. Has anyone out there had any experience with this
strain and vacuum infiltration? Please email/post your negative results as well as
any successes, and I will post a summary of all responses.

Thanks,

Andy
 Email   : andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk            : University of Bristol
 Home    : andy at cycad.demon.co.uk               : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone   : +44-275-392181 ext:257               : Long Ashton
 Fax     : +44-275-394281                       : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK