(none)

Gregory Taylor gjtaylor at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
Wed Dec 27 20:19:18 EST 1995

Post-doctoral position, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta

A post-doctoral research position is available immediately to study
mechanisms of aluminum resistance in wheat.  We have identified several
Al-induced polypeptides (at the tonoplast and in root exudates) which appear
after short-term exposure to Al.  We are now working to purify several of
these polypeptides, each of which is only expressed in resistant progeny in
segregating populations and responds to stress in a dose-dependent fashion.
The goal of the project is to  isolate and characterize genes coding for
these polypeptides.  Experience in preparation and screening of cDNA
libraries, cloning and sequence analysis, and recombinant DNA technologies
is required.  Experience in protein purification and antibody preparation is
desirable.  Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae, copies of
publications, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Gregory J. Taylor,
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta,
T6G 2E9, Canada.  Telephone 403-492-2598; Email gjtaylor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca.