film emulsion for in situs (fwd)

Tamara Western western at UNIXG.UBC.CA
Fri Feb 3 13:25:51 EST 1995

	This didn't get through the first time, so I hope this won't end
up as a repeat.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 11:32:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Tamara Western <western at unixg.ubc.ca>
To: arabidopsis at net.bio.net
Subject: film emulsion for in situs

	I am trying to buy NTB-2 emulsion (Nuclear tracking emulsion, from
Kodak) for doing in situs and have
found a Canadian supplier in InterSciences where it is $417 for 4 oz (118
ml).  Can anyone recommend another supplier or
know if I could get a smaller quantity?  In addition, I was told
by the representative I talked to that, diluted, the emulsion should be
used within a day, maybe within a week if kept at 4C.  As well, I was
told that opened and undiluted, it would only last for one month.   I
was wondering whether this is the experience of others working with this
emulsion, and if there were any hints out there on how to preserve the
emulsion for a longer period of time.

	Thank you very much.

	Tamara Western
	western at unixg.ubc.ca