(none)

Hong Ma in Delbruck mah at CSHL.ORG
Wed Feb 8 18:51:21 EST 1995

New phrase

Hi Netters;

I think Ulrich Melcher's suggestion is a good one.  And maybe the following
could serve as a start, and others may have better alternative phrases for
"plant stress".

Plant response to environment, environmentally induced changes, adaptation to
the environment, response to adverse conditions, response to adversity

Nevertheless, I believe it is important to make the national leaders
understand that technical terms can mean different things from everyday usage.
And one should not jump to conclusions about the usefulness of a particular
subject of research simply from the name of the topic.

Hong Ma