Hoyer's solution/crystalline gum arabic

woody at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU woody at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU
Sun Feb 12 17:56:41 EST 1995

Arabifauna-
	I wish to make up some Hoyer's solution for use in microscopy. The
recipe I am following calls for *crystalline* gum arabic (aka acacia),
rather than the powdered form available from any of the 15+ vendors I
have contacted so far. I would greatly appreciate it if someone out there
could direct me towards a suitable vendor able to supply the crystalline
form; better yet would be a company able to supply pre-made Hoyer's
solution.
	Please send replies to woody at cshl.org.

					Thanks in advance,

					Scott Woody