Hormone longevity (SORRY!)

The Fifth Beatle FREDRICK at ITS-SCIENCE.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 13 16:55:19 EST 1995

These things are sent to try us!
Sorry about the last post - I don't know what went wrong!

Anyway, I was attempting to send the responses to my original query
concerning the -20 shelf-life of sterilised hormone stocks (in
particular; IAA, IBA, and NAA).

Thank you to the two people who replied.

Basically it was suggested that for any physiological-type experiments
the hormones should be freshly made up every two weeks or so in order
to avoid any problems of degradation.  Another reply stated however
that this is not really  a problem even over numerous months.

In my limited experience I would agree that IBA and NAA are rather
stable over time, whereas IAA needs to be made quite regularly.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry again about the earlier debacle!
D'OH!  D'OH!  D'OH!

Eugene B Fredericks
Dept Genetics & Developmental Biology
Monash University
Melbourne AUSTRALIA

Why must I always be the focus of attention?!
Why can't I just be?!
Why can't I just live?!
                           - George Costanza