the dammned vector pBI101.3

Bernd Weisshaar weisshaa at willow.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Feb 23 04:39:17 EST 1995

In message <95222194047.~INN-RUKa00169.bionet-news at dl.ac.uk>  writes:
> Hi, Arabidopsis netters:
>
>     Please note there is a stop codon within the MCS of pBI101.3 from
> Clontech. I can not imagine how Clontech could have sold such a damned
> vector to plant research community. If you ever tried the vector for
> inframe fusion construct and did not have positive results by cloning
> your interested fragments into Xba I, Sal I or HindIII site, you better
> redo it with other strategies. I have spent a few monthes for my constructs
> and finally found this problem. By the way, can I or other victims take
> some kind of actions against Clontech? Any advice, please!

Dear "Xie", (did I miss your name?)

this problem is common to all vectors derived from the initial Jefferson
constucts (with that reading frame). We have modified the XbaI site in that
vector, and if you like you get that modified vector to try to replace the
problematic region in your constructs. You may contact me directly for
details.

Best regards, Bernd

Bernd Weisshaar
MPI fuer Zuechtungsforschung