Yanofsky Lab WWW Page

S. Rounsley rounsley at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 24 13:44:36 EST 1995

Dear Arabidopsis netters,
	the purpose of this post is twofold.. Firstly, a few
days ago I posted an announcement of our WWW page on the
Arabidopsis mailing list, and I assumed this would appear on the
newsgroup - it did not appear at our site, except in the form of
a mailing list message, so apparently I misunderstood the link
between the newsgroup and the mailing list.  Therefore I would
like to announce the presence of our WWW pages which I hope will
be a useful information resource for those interested in flower
development and/or the MADS-box gene family.
	Secondly, there is a problem with our name server at
UCSD, so that some users would receive a "connection refused"
message when attempting to access the URL I posted a few days
ago.  The URL I gave was an alias to the machine the pages are
currently on - a machine which will soon change, hence the
utility of an alias.
	So the short term solution is to access our pages with
the following URL..
	http://glamdring.ucsd.edu/others/yanofsky/home.html

	In the long term we hope the name server will be
bugfree, and you will be able to replace the "glamdring" with
"www-biology".  If one day the glamdring URL provides a server
error, then it means our pages have moved onto the new machine,
and hopefully www-biology will point to it.
	I'm sure thats more details than most of you wanted to
know, but I just wanted to make sure people werent giving up on
accessing the pages because of this nameserver problem..
	Thanks and happy surfing
Steve Rounsley