yeast libraries

See.my.signature See.my.signature
Wed Jan 11 16:48:24 EST 1995

In article <3er9g6$1i2 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Neil Butt <N.J.Butt at sussex.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Does anyone out there have an Arabidopsis cDNA library in a pombe
> (hopefully) or a cerevisiae vector. I know some are available but we
> have a problem. We need a LEU2 selectable marker, as the strain I wish
> to complement has had a URA3 knockout carried out. I have searched using
> Gopher and only seen similar inquiries with no replies. I hope someone
> can be of assistance
>
> Neil Butt
> Department of Biochemistry
> University of Sussex
> Brighton
> Uk
As far as I know there are only two arabidopsis complementation libraries
in wide use, the Lacroute whole plant library (in a URA3 2 micron vector)
and the Davis tops library (in a Gal-regulated URA3/CEN vector).
Since neither of these have leu2 markers, you might be out of luck.  Have
you thought about knocking out the ura3 gene in your strain? - the
negative selection (using 5-FOA) is quite simple - you could replace the
ura3 marker with leu2.

Colin MacDiarmid
Auckland University
macdiarm at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz