Enzyme assay in arabidopsis or other plants

WOFFENDEN at ACC.ROANOKE.EDU WOFFENDEN at ACC.ROANOKE.EDU
Wed Jan 11 12:52:05 EST 1995

Hello!
  I've just been introduced to this network of plant folks, and I'm hoping
someone can advise me.  I am currently designing a lab for an undergraduate
Cell Physiology course, and I would like to do an experiment involving
fractionation of some plant extract and subsequent enzymatic assay.  It doesn't
matter what the enzyme is, as long as the plant is readily available
commercially and the procedure is fairly simple in terms of equipment required.
This is my first year of full-time teaching, and I am constrained by the basic
types of equipment available at my school and material that can be obtained
quickly.  If you have suggestions/protocols for this experiment, or any others
using plants that may easily demonstrate fundamental topics to undergraduate
cell physiology students, please reply.
					Thank you,
					Bonnie Woffenden
					Visiting Asst. Prof., Roanoke College