Workshop on Arabidopsis-Pathogen Interactions

Roger Innes rinnes at bio.indiana.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:09:22 EST 1995

	I have been drafted by Fred Ausubel to organize a workshop on
Arabidopsis-Pathogen Interactions at the 6th International Meeting on
Arabidopsis Research.  This workshop would be held on Saturday afternoon,
June 10, from 4:00-6:30. I have listed below a set of possible topics to be
included, and hope that others can expand on this list:

Plant Disease Resistance Genes: catalog, compare and contrast,
																																structure/function

Identification of Putative Signal Transduction Components: genetic
approaches, biochemical approaches, yeast two-hybrid, etc.

Systemic Acquired Resistance:  genetic and biochemical analyses

Pathogen Genetics: identification of virulence and avirulence factors

Virus Interactions:  identification of host factors that mediate
resistance/immunity/ susceptibility/ etc.

At this time, I would just like a head count on how many people would be
interested in attending such a session, and if your are, would you be
willing to provide a ~10 minute presentation on your research.  If you have
suggestions on the format of the workshop, please let me know. At a later
date (April?), I will ask for titles of presentations and develop a format
that will encourage discussion of the above topics.   Please e-mail me your

Roger Innes
Department of Biology
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN  47405