(none)

Tsukaya2 tsukaya2 at TANSEI.CC.U-TOKYO.AC.JP
Thu Jan 19 00:49:12 EST 1995

Dear netter:
Last year, I opened a following message here.

>In our lab., a student observes pollen tube growth of
>Arabidopsis.
>We use classical Brewbaker and Kwack's medium, however,
>germination rate is rather low. It is still enough, but, if
>anyone knows better medium for germination of Arabidopsis
>pollens, we want use it.
> Does anyone know better medium for pollen germination?
>
>Hirokazu Tsukaya -- Inst. of Mol. Cell. Biosci., The Univ. Tokyo

Until now, several messages were sent to me. Unfortunately,
every messages express the same problem on rate of pollen germination which is almost no more than 30%. It seemed no
one knows a suitable medium to increase the germination rate
of pollens of Arabidopsis, so far. ........ We need some ideas.
Thank you.

H. Tsukaya
tsukaya2 at tansei.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp