Post-Doc in Plant Receptor Biology

Lawton, Michael A lawton at OCELOT.RUTGERS.EDU
Mon Jan 30 15:04:32 EST 1995

Post-Doctoral Position in Receptor Biology

Lab:	Michael Lawton, AgBiotech Center, Rutgers University
Starting Date: 	June, 1995 onward
Duration: 	1 year, renewable for an additional 2 years
Subject: 	Receptor protein kinase function and signal	transduction

A post-doctoral position is available in my laboratory for an individual
interested in studying the biochemical and molecular properties of a novel
plant receptor.  The structural and biochemical properties of the receptor
indicate that it plays a role in the perception of pathogenic microorganisms.
We are interested in using novel methods for manipulating receptor activity in
vivo, and in identifying components of the receptor-linked signal transduction
pathway.

Experience in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry is required.  A
knowlege of plant:pathogen interactions or signal transduction mechanisms
would be extremely useful, but is not essential.  The position is supported by
funds from NSF.  Salary is commensurate with experience.

My lab forms part of an active and cooperative group of researchers at the
AgBiotech Center with interests in plant and microbial biology.  In March we
will move into a newly-constructed, state-of-the art facility for plant
science.

If you are interested in this project, please contact me for further details.
My address until March 1 is:

Dr. Michael Lawton
Waksman Institute
PO Box 759