seed sifting

Fred Lehle lehle at bga.com
Mon Jan 30 12:08:27 EST 1995

In article <3gj77p$e2e at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> Pierre Berthomieu <berthom at montpellier.inra.fr> writes:
>From: Pierre Berthomieu <berthom at montpellier.inra.fr>
>Newsgroups: bionet.genome.arabidopsis
>Subject: seed sifting
>Date: 30 Jan 1995 17:22:01 -0000
>Sender: lpddist at mserv1.dl.ac.uk

Empty siliques can be removed with a 355 micrometer testing sieve
(No. 45 A.S.T.M.E-11. spec., Tyler equivalent 42 mesh) and fines can be
removed from the retained seeds with a 180 micrometer (No. 80
A.S.T.M.E-11 spec., Tyler equivalent 80 mesh) testing sieve.  These
screens are available from most of the large suppliers of biological supplies
in the USA under the heading "Sieves".

Fred Lehle, Ph.D.
LEHLE SEEDS
webmaster at arabidopsis.com