Arabidopsis genomic or cDNA libraries in binary vectors

Ricardo Azpiroz azpiroz at AG.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Jul 17 11:03:36 EST 1995

The Stock Center at Ohio State University has an Arabidopsis genomic
library in a modified version of pOCA18; the vector now has a hygromycin
resistance gene in place of the KanR gene. The library was constructed in
Ken Feldmann's lab by Malcolm Bennett.(For some reason, the donor name in
the stock center catalogue is listed as "Schulz"). pOCA18-H is, I
believe, the name of the modified vector, and it is a binary cosmid. The
average insert size for the library (which was made from size-selected
Wassilewskija DNA) is 25 kb.