Weeds World deadline 30th June

plzmlh at vax.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk plzmlh at vax.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 05:06:44 EST 1995

Subject: Call for submissions to Weeds World
From: Mary Anderson

It was clear from the recent Arabidopsis meeting at Madison that there
is a wealth of information about new mutants, new protocols and
technologies out there. Weeds World is a forum for the
publication and sharing of such developments with the community.

Any information relating to Arabidopsis research is appropriate
for publication in the Community Newsletter.

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THE THIRD ISSUE IS 30TH JUNE

Weeds World is available from three WWW servers- connect to the server
nearest to you.

http://nasc.nott.ac.uk:8300/   (Nottingham, UK)
http://weeds.mgh.harvard.edu/ww/home.html   (MGH, Boston, MA,USA)
http://probe.nalusda.gov:8300/ww/home.html  (NAL, Belstville, MD, USA)

HERE IS A REMINDER OF HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION.

HOW TO FORMAT TEXT FILES
Start each article with a title and the name and address of authors.
Arrange the text into clearly defined blocks of paragraphs.If images
or tables are to be included, please indicate where you wish them to
be placed.

Articles will not be refereed but some editorial control will operate.

Please indicate whether you wish your piece to be considered for
inclusion in the Plant Molecular Biology Reporter.

HOW TO PREPARE IMAGES
Images can only be accepted as image files (preferably GIF or JPEG
Files), the one exception being cartoon line drawings. If you wish to
send an image and don't have a local computer guru to help prepare
the file contact me at arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk for help. Line
drawings must be of high quality with thick lines and high contrast.
Scanning is very labour intensive and we shall only be prepared to
do one or two scans per edition, so try and send your pictures as
image files.

HOW TO SUBMIT ARTICLES AND IMAGES
Text files can be sent by email to arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk,
please put "Weeds World Article"in the subject line of the message.
 Try and keep as much formatting as you can when sending text files
as this will make the production editors job much easier.  If your
article contains some fancy formatting, please send a hard copy of
your article to : Mary Anderson, Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock
Centre, Dept of Life Science, Nottingham University, University
Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.

Files can also be sent on disc (either Mac or PC compatible) along
with a hard copy of your article to the address above.
Sorry, but we will not be able to return discs.

For those of you who are comfortable with ftp, text and graphics
files can be sent by anonymous ftp to nasc.nott.ac.uk Please place
your articles in the pub/incoming directory. Send me an email
to let me know that you have placed your article on the server
so that I can move it for inclusion in the newsletter.

ANY QUESTIONS?

If you require any further information, please contact
Mary Anderson, arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk