fertility scoring

dimtry at BSCR.UGA.EDU dimtry at BSCR.UGA.EDU
Sun Jun 25 19:42:14 EST 1995

Dear Arabinetters
I am in need to quantitate the fertility of transgenic plants expressing
particular antisense construct. I would appreciate any references/pointers to
relevant papers discussing standardized growth conditions, ecotypes, "normal"
variation range etc as well as sharing your experience. I have transformed
RLD ecotype and found that even in the controlled condition growth chamber
one can get completely sterile and completely fertile branches practically
next to each other on the same plant! Second problem is that majority of
primary transformants are spindly and don't make good rosettes (not even
mentioning roots) and therefore fertility is generally low regardless of
what transgene it is. Any input appreciated, I will post summary of responses
Thanks
Dmitry Belostotsky