Request from EST users

Thomas Newman 22313tcn at ibm.cl.msu.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:27:11 EST 1995

Dear Arabidopsis Expressed Sequence Tag users,

  We often need to substantiate the usefulness of the Arabidopsis EST
project to granting agencies or other governmental groups.  I view the
usefulness of this project by the ways that the research labs use the
clones and data produced by this EST project.  Has this project saved you
time and/or money?  Has the project provided you with research tools or
projects?
   I would therefore like to request that those labs who have found the
Arabidopsis ESTs useful to their research send us some feedback.  If you
could BRIEFLY describe the area of research that the EST(s) have helped,
and in what manner the EST has been used.  If you request that information
be held confidential I would oblige.
   Presently I am putting together a poster describing the  Arabidopsis EST
project and its impact for the Coalition for National Science Funding which
is sponsoring an exhibition for members of Congress on March 21, 1995.  I
would be most grateful for feedback in the next week for inclusion in this
poster.

Please respond by email to:			22313tcn at ibm.cl.msu.edu
                  or phone:   517-353-0854

Thank you in advance,