Arabidopsis mapping

Shawn C. Baker scbaker at
Tue Mar 7 20:22:22 EST 1995

We are trying to generate PCR based markers from RFLPs and we're
curious if anyone has tried single stranded conformational
polymorphisms (SSCPs) as a molecular marker in Arabidopsis.  If someone
has tried this method, do you have a rough estimate as to the frequency
of the polymorphisms?  Moreover, does anyone have an estimate as to the
frequency of DNA sequence differences between Landsberg and Columbia
ecotypes (or any other ecotypes)?
We would greatly appreciate your input and will summarize responses to
the net.

Shawn Baker (scbaker at
Jacinto Villanueva (jmvillanueva at

Shawn C. Baker        Div. of Biological Sciences
scbaker at   Sect. of MCB (Gasser Lab)
916-752-3111          University of California - Davis
                      Davis, CA 95616